1 Peter 2:4-12
How can we remain faithful under fire?
1. By knowing and valuing our Identity...
As God’s Temple (2:4-8).
As God’s People (2:9a, 10).
2. By knowing and valuing our Calling and Purpose (2:9b).
So What? (2:11-12)
Questions for Discussion
- Peter’s name means “rock,” but here he compares Jesus to a “stone.” What are the two different kinds of “stones” Jesus can be in people’s lives (compare verses 6 & 8)? What determines what kind of “stone” Jesus is in your life?
- What are all the privileges and responsibilities that come with being “living stones” in God’s temple?
- In our culture, what does it look like to live distinctly Christian lives which glorify and bring praise to God?