A Whole New Perspective
- The coronavirus produces different kinds of emotional responses.
- The crucifixion of Jesus caused exactly the same kinds of emotional responses.
- The resurrected Christ entered into those emotions and transformed them.
Mary Magdalene: Transformed from Mourner to Messenger (John 20:1-18).
The Disciples: Transformed from Paralysis to Peace (John 20:19-23).
Thomas: Transformed from Pessimist to Proclaimer (John 20:24-29).
- The basis for joy stronger than sorrow, for peace greater than fear, for faith that outdistances doubts. (John 20:31)
- Will you let the resurrected Christ give you a whole new perspective on life?
- On one hand, how does Jesus demonstrate understanding for the emotions of his followers? On the other hand, how does he challenge them to think and feel differently? In other words, how does Jesus exemplify truth and grace in these three conversations?
- How should the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ impact and transform our perspective of the coronavirus crisis? What would Jesus want us to think, feel, and proclaim?
- Why are those blessed who put their faith in Jesus without having seen him physically?