The Final Six
June 6, 2021
Review: The First Four (20:1-11)
Commands 5-9 (20:12-16)
Number Ten (20:17)
The Ten Commandments and Us
Back to the Beginning (20:1-2)
- If children are to honor their parents, what is expected of parents in relationship to their children (see Deuteronomy 6:4-9, which comes right after the restatement of the Ten Commandments in Deuteronomy 5)?
- Purity, faithfulness, and contentment are beautiful. Why are they so rare?
- What is the relationship between the command not to steal and tithing (giving) to the Lord?
- Is covetousness related to the other commands? If so, how? Discuss 1 Timothy 6:6 (reading the context helps).
- As Christ-followers under the New Covenant, what is our relationship to the Ten Commandments (consider: Ephesians 4:28; 5:3: 6:1; Colossians 2:16; 3:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 John 3:15; 5:21; James 5:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:9)?