Relating to God
June 13, 2021
R __________________________ (32:1-6)
R _________________________ (32:30-33:6)
R ______________________ (33:13-18)
R ______________________ (34:5-7)
R ________________________ (34:8)
Life Application Questions:
- Why is it important to recognize our rebellion if we’re going to relate to God?
- If the one, true God is a God of forgiveness, then why are there still consequences for sin? Is it a contradiction for God to forgive and still punish? Who does God forgive? What is the difference between punishment and consequences?
- Why does God relent and allow His glorious presence to accompany the Israelites (see 33:12-17 but particularly verse 17)? How does Moses foreshadow Christ in these verses?
- If everyone has a built-in hunger for God, why doesn’t it drive more people? How does God make us hungry and thirsty for Him? How does God reveal His glory to us?
- How do we move from settling for the “peanut butter sandwich” version of Christianity to feasting on the “buffet” of God?