Re-Connecting to our Purpose
- Thriving: The life of a true believer produces fruit.
- Flourishing: What is the fruit of faith?
- Righteousness (Philippians 1:11)
- Reproduction (John 4:35-36)
Living the abundant life means living for what lasts.
Questions for Discussion:
- What are some of the different ways the Bible employs the themes of fruitfulness and harvest? Consider Psalm 1 as an example.
- Matthew records a number of Jesus’ sayings and parables using the metaphor of fruit or harvest. What do we learn from these passages: Matthew 3:10; 7:16-20; 12:33, 43; 13:3-9?
- When Jesus says that true disciples bear much fruit, what exactly do you think he is talking about? What is fruit “that lasts”? What does John 15 tell us about how to pursue this kind of fruitfulness?
- How can we evaluate our own lives and the life of our church for the fruit of salvation?