The Great Commission Partner is the designated link between the church and the missionary for communication and prayer. Though the missionaries have several prayer partners in the church with whom they communicate, the Great Commission Partner is commissioned by the church to coordinate this communication and report the needs of the missionary to the Missionary Care team, which will ensure that these needs are known and followed-up by those responsible in the church. These needs include prayer and support needs, as well as coordinating missionary visits to the church.
The selection and appointment of the Great Commission Partner should be the result of a three-way agreement between the missionary, the partner, and the Missionary Care team. When possible the person chosen as Partner should already have strong relational ties with the missionary, and a deep personal interest in the missionary’s ministry.
1. Become personally acquainted with the ministry of the missionary, and his yearly ministry goals.
2. Maintain monthly communication with the missionary, preferable by phone or Skype, seeking the following information: outstanding blessings, principal ministry needs, progress toward goals, family concerns.
3. Communicate to the missionary the important news and prayer needs of the church.
4. Forward praise and prayer requests to the Missionary Care Team GCP Coordinator on a monthly basis. Forward these requests to Prayer Groups, ABF, Global Prayer, Children’s ministry, youth, and Aion as needed.
5. Communicate regularly with the Great Commission Partner Coordinator on the Missionary Care Team to evaluate the effectiveness of the church-missionary relationships.
6. Seek to arrange a visit to/by the missionary every four years, either personally or by recruiting others.