Welcome to Freedom Group
Freedom Group is a safe and honest place to take next steps in walking free in your relationship with Jesus. It is a caring and confidential environment in which you can share and experience freedom from hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Meetings consist of group teaching time on a biblical principle, then time in gender-specific groups for confession, accountability, and a time of prayer. Our desire is to help you remove footholds of sin, walk free, and learn to keep in step with the Holy Spirit.
Freedom Group can:
- Provide a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others who are going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide leaders who have gone through similar hurts, hang-ups, or habits and are experiencing an intimate relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Provide an opportunity to find an accountability partner.
- Provide a safe, confidential and caring environment in which you can heal and grow in your relationship with Jesus.
Freedom Group will NOT attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not licensed counselors. We will provide a list of approved counseling referrals.
Eight Principles Based on the Beatitudes
- I realize I'm not GOd. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable.
- I earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
- I consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.
- I openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself, and to another person I can trust.
- I voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life.
- I will evaluate all my relationships, offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and, when possible, make amends for harm I've done to others, without expecting a reward.
- I will reserve daily time with God for prayer, Bible reading, and self-examination in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
- I offer myself as a vessel to be used by God to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words.
From What Did I Need Freedom?
For additional information, contact: